** Magnificent Monday Roll Call

steffihope
on 6/26/11 2:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Monday Morning to you all! :)  Hope you all had a wonderful, "last weekend in June."  I did.  Filled with friends, shipping off 2/3 of my children for summer experiences and a winning Phillies baseball game.

I can NOT believe I just sent my kid to the Middle East......oy vey....I was totally fine with telling myself that Josh is going to Israel, but about an hour before he left yesterday I said the dreaded phrase, Middle East.  Oh boy, what was I thinking?  He will be fine, I know it.  This trip has been going on for over 30 years.  I just can't believe that I have, no 1, a child old enough to go on this life changing trip and no. 2, that we were able to give him this opportunity to go with friends.  I am so proud of him and who he is growing into!  Larry and I are blessed to have such a great kid!

Anyway - I fell asleep at 9ish, deliberately, knowing that I would not make it through the night, but I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, and sleeping on the sofa seemed pointless.  So, here I am at 12:45 AM awake.  The good news is that I am still sleepy and will hopefully be able to fall back to sleep shortly.  My Monday's major plans are to get Emily packed.  I have a psychiatrist appointment this afternoon in which I will tell him of my lack of good quality sleep and my recurring headaches since changing my meds.  Tonight, Larry is wokring - shocking. Emily will hopefully have a friend sleep over and I will enjoy having two nine year olds playing.  (did you HEAR the sarcasm?)

I want to get to the pool and get some laps in, and then put THAT membership on hold and join the swim club not far from my house.  We shall see if I get that done.

That is my MAGNIFICENT Monday.  What are you up to?
IdaMae D.
on 6/26/11 8:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Steffi & PA;

Back to work today.  The weekends are too short and there is too much to do.  I'm exhausted and have not been awake for 1/2 hour yet.

Work till 4, class till 10.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

lynnc99
on 6/26/11 9:41 pm
Good morning everyone!

Steffi, I bet your house is quiet! And you are indeed giving Josh the experience of a lifetime.

It's work for me, and taking the car in for an alignment. So exciting. My exercise is really limited again by this knee - I stayed off it all day yesterday and thought I had it conquered but still feeling some soreness today. So I have to decide if the solution is to work through it or rest it.

Wishing you all a wonderful day, whatever it holds!
dit657
on 6/26/11 10:16 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Good morning all - I was restless last night and dreamt a lot - weird dreams - mostly about old friends. Could have stayed in bed and pulled the covers over my head and slept through the day, but I got up and got to work. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

My boss and I sort of got into it Friday afternoon, so it's probably a good thing for both of us that she's in California for the week. We normally get along very well, but the subject of filing came up and she wanted to know why I hated it so much - told her that I started out my 'career' filing and after 35 years of doing this I feel I've earned the right NOT to have to file anymore - Mary, the paralegal piped in and said 'well it is part of your job' and that pissed me off because it was NOT part of my job when I took this job - and I said as much - then my boss said 'well you should be grateful you have this job because most of the businesses have gotten rid of their admins' - OK, don't tell me how 'grateful' I should be for this job - if I couldn't do it I wouldn't have it. And I should state now that this isn't ordinary filing - we have a huge file room with literally thousands and thousands of files. I try to keep telling myself 'one more year then I'm outta here'....let's see if I make it.

Trying to cut back on miscellaneous expenses so made my own sugar free vanilla iced coffee this morning and you know what? It SUCKED. So I'll make my own breakfast but stop at Micky Ds for the real deal from now on - you just can't make them as good at home for some reason,

And yes, I'm whiney today - blame it on menopause - that's what I'm doing!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Cherish F.
on 6/26/11 11:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Kathy -
I agree with you, making it at home sucks. And personally I don't think it's that much cheaper. You have to brew a double strength pot of coffee, then add a ton of milk, and the syrup. Let the wonderful crew at McD's make it for you. You (WE) deserve it!

Sorry about the filing, and the boss, and the para legal. Deep breaths.
~ Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Laureen S.
on 6/27/11 12:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Kathy,

I can so relate to how our jobs have changed in the past 10 years in particular and now with the economy in the toilet for yet another year, everyone who has a job, has to be grateful to have it and put up with crap to keep it. . .  not where I expected to be at this stage of my life. . .  but I am grateful to be employed and so I do what I am supposed to, which for me a lot of the time is just showing up and being ready for whatever comes my way, it gives me a paycheck and that, at least for the moment, assures me that my mortgage payments will continue to get paid. . .

Whiney is ok, sometimes it is necessary to get across the bridge to gratitude . . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 6/26/11 10:16 pm
Good Morning Steffi and PA!

Steffi-sorry you are STILL having sleep issues. THEY SUCK!!

It is Monday and I do not have to go to work!! YIPPEE!! Yes, I am rubbing it in!!! I just shipped Dee off to her first day of summer school. She was so excited to go on the bus again. Hubby is still sleeping and I am sipping coffee and taking my meds!

Today I WILL get some exercise in!! I had good intentions yesterday but no motivation....sucks!!
The rest of the day I am going to do laundry, cleaning and start on my summer project of getting the crap out of my house and organize!! I think I will start upstairs since it is not supposed to be that hot today. I will save the basement for when it is hotter. That project will take at least a week to finish, maybe more!! Dee will be home around 3:45 so I may try and get a nap in or just some relaxation time!

Have a great day everyone!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 11:01 pm - Hatboro, PA
Good morning everyone,
I'm going down to Showboat this afternoon with 2 of my friends, and we're staying overnight.  I'm definitely looking forward to hopefully getting to the beach for a few hours, winning some money, getting drunk, and just having a great time overall.

I hope that everyone has a great day!!!!!!

Cherish F.
on 6/26/11 11:11 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Morning y'all.
I had the laziest, most relaxed weekend I've had in forever. Only left the house once and that was Sunday night for ice cream. Spent the rest of the time watching movies, and cleaning stuff off my DVR.

My vacation is coming together. I took a week off in July, but it's while no one else is off so I'm pretty much stuck planning stuff to do alone. So I decided to check my comps for Harrah's AC. Ended up booking 3 nights at Harrah's on the bay for... $40! Total! My mom will come down for one night/day. My brother may come for a day, it's all up in the air, but that's totally okay. It's never bothered me to be on my own, especially at the beach. Love people watching. I figure I can lay by the pool one day, take the jitney to the beach another, and just relax.

Today has me at work with bad hair, bad allergies, and a bad attitude. Ok, not really on the attitude, but I definitely wish I was still asleep.

Have a great day everyone.
~Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

steffihope
on 6/26/11 11:41 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Um, what week in July?  I am off the whole summer silly! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views